Sunday, June 2, 2013

OPI Liquid Sand Nail Polish

OPI Liquid Sand Polish in Can't Let Go

I received this OPI Liquid Sand Nail Polish in a Glossybox back in January. I have worn it a couple times since then and loved it. Never seemed to get around to blogging about it though. I was feeling like wearing something on my nails (not an all the time thing. I usually only paint my toes. Don't worry. You will never have to see those!) and thought I would review this while I was thinking about it.



I had heard about this new nail polish trend literally days before I received my Glossybox. It looked kinda neato, but I wasn't totally sold on the idea. I thought the idea of gritty nails would be super annoying. So I didn't put it on my "to buy" list. When I found it in my Glossybox I took it as a sign from the Universe that I had to try it. (You can't really argue with the Universe, can you? That's how people end up in black holes and shizz)

One coat

I remember putting it on either the day I got it or the very next day. I automatically LOVED the color. It was super easy to apply (I magically didn't make a huge mess around my nails. I think it's because of the consistency.) and I didn't have to bother with a topcoat. Sweet! Fabulous nails for the lazy.

Two coats

The texture didn't bother me, at all, like I thought it would. I actually found myself rubbing m fingers across my nails several times a day. It was somehow...soothing? I guess. It lasts longer than other polishes too. Or at least it has so far. Which is amazing because my nails always chip the very next day, no matter what.

Three coats

To quote the little tag that came on the bottle, "Dries to a textured matte finish infused with reflective glints of light. Apply base coat and two coats of color. Do not use top coat." I don't usually bother with the base coat. And I put on a third layer sometimes.


You can usually buy OPI for $8-9.

Have you tried these yet? Or have you tried the equivalent in a different brand? What did you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment