Friday, June 28, 2013

Stash Blueberry Superfruit Herbal Tea with Nektar Honey Crystals Review

I'm not an avid tea drinker, but I do enjoy a cup here and there. For this reason a box of tea hangs around a while here. I've tried a almost all from this Stash tea sampler box. The only one left was Blueberry Superfruit herbal tea. I thought since I was trying to get back into blogging I would review it (unlike the others that I enjoyed and kept quiet about). I also had a couple packets of Nektar honey crystals that I got last year and never bothered trying. Although I love honey it never sweetens the herbal tea enough for my liking. I decided to give it a go now. (I hate to waste things.) 

I was in the mood for iced tea (and alot of it) so I let it brew a bit longer than the suggested 3-5 minutes. I new the hot water would completely melt the first bit of ice and water it down. First off, I believe this tea smelled more heavenly then the others. I think it was the blueberry. Smelled like someone was baking. This got me all kinds of stoked! 
So brewed the tea. Iced it. Tried a sip before adding anthing. It didn't taste as Blueberry-ful as I thought it would. It tasted like the usual (Hibiscus? I totes not a professional tea drinker.) but with a hint of blueberries. That's fine. Def not the worst I've ever had. (Btw that would be Chamomile. That shit is nasty. Just...no.) But I was a little dissappointed. Oh well. We carry on. 

So I added on of the Nektar packets. And....nothing. I couldn't taste any differene. That's fine. There was another packet. Added it too. And there was the very slightest increase in sweetness. I didn't expect anything from these, so I'm not the slightest bit disappointed. I just got a packet of the trusty Splenda and fixed everything. And I know, I know. Splenda is causes all kinds of health problems. Splenda is bad. Splenda is the devil. But Splenda never lets me down. And I only had to add one packet of it to reach herbal tea perfection. So... :P

I'd just like to add that my neato Coca Cola cup is a being used for moral support these days. I've had to cut myself waaaayy back on the sodas. I've noticed that my face breaks out in massive dry patches (Already have dry skin but this shit is crazy!) when I'm on a big soda bender. So one soda a day. Everything else is herbal tea and water.

I miss you Coke. :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment