Friday, April 26, 2013

April 2013 Glossybox: Beauty

It's that time again. My April Glossybox is here (Sanya is Awesome!) and let's take a look at all the goodies. I've become really excited every month when I see these boxes. I know I'm going to love them.



The packaging is same as always. Fucking Classy! (Lol) One difference about this month is that there is no Glossybox Mag included. I thought it was an accident until I read the info card inside. They are launching the magazine online and everyone will be able to shop for products from the pages. Neato! So this month's magazine is online only. All of this is in honor of Earth Day.


The April Glossybox is all about beauty. Natural and healthy. So more skincare than makeup in this one.


Another difference this month is that no one is missing out on anything. There are only 6 products this month. They are: Tousled Texture Mist by Alterna Haircare, Bath Tea Bag by Bvlgari, Organic Lip Balm by The Honest Company in Sweet Orange Vanilla, Glow Blush by Tigi Cosmetics, Coffeemint Invigorating Body Wash by Wash with Joe, and Replenishing Daily Solution by Le Metier de Beaute. (Hey, That last one seems awfully familiar)


As always, decent amount of product. Well, except for the small just-enough-for-one-use-but-that-tells-me-nothing packet of moisturizer. But since I have another from January's box that I didn't use I can now use it two whole days in a row and can form some kind of opinion. The Bvlgari Bath Tea bag is, of course, a one use item, but that is something I can review after one use. That is how it's packaged anyway. The blush and lip balm are full size.


As far as price breakdown goes (again only full size items):
                                                  Tigi blush                                             $22.00
                                                  Bvlgari Tea Bath                                  $9.50
                                                  Lip Balm (3 pk 10.95)                         $3.65

                                                                                             Total:       $35.15

That is $14.15 more than the monthly Glossybox price. And I'm not even including the other 3 items. But if you'd like to do your own math to find out the value of the sample sizes of the others I'll list the amount of the samples with the full size amount and prices. I'll give you one guess which is the priciest item in the box. Lol

                                                           Sample Size                     Full Size                       Full Amount
Tousled Texture Mist                           0.85 fl oz                         4.2 fl oz                        $22.00
Wash With Joe body wash                   1 fl oz                             16 fl oz                         $28.00
Replenishing Daily Solution                   0.10 oz                           1.7 oz                           $225.00

I guess that's why Le Metier de Beaute are a bit stingy when it comes to giving away samples. I can't wait to try it. That stuff better be made with gold and make me look like a completely different person.

No comments:

Post a Comment