Tuesday, February 12, 2013

January 2013 Glossybox: The Man Repeller Winter Survival kit

 My friend, Sanya, sent me this box because she is just so fuckin' awesome! For those that don't know Glossybox is a subscription sample box, like Birchbox or Glam Bag by Ipsy. Each month you get 5-6 "luxury-sized" (Lol We'll see Glossybox) makeup, hair, or skincare samples. Learn more at Glossybox.com.


January's box was filled with some favorites of Leandra Medine, blogger of ManRepeller.com. I had never heard of this chick before so I checked out her fashion blog. (Also there is the handy Glossybox mag they sent with the box that tells a lil bit about her.) And while it's not exactly my type of thing (Fashion blogs are like the news for me. I just can't stay interested in what's happening.) I really think it's rad and I was laughing a lot. I like it when things aren't always serious facts and shit.

Inside the box, the items are nicely packed with crinkly, shredded paper, wrapped in tissue paper and tied with a bow. Oh, and there's a Glossybox sticker holding the tissue paper together. Details. :) And can I just say, I am diggin' the colors. I know it's all gray and black but I love it. And the tissue paper had silver stars on the other side.(The side I completely forgot to photograph before I totally tore into my goodies.) And I'm so amused by "Man Repeller" on the outside of the box. It works well with how Sanya and I joke about being forever alone.

Lots of neato things inside. I can't wait to try these out. (There was actually 11 possible items that Leandra picked and I guess it's just a toss up as to what you get in your box. Not sure if that is the case each month.) And there's a handy info card listing all of items inside.

So inside mine I found: Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara by Estee Lauder, Umbrian Clay Mattifying Serum by Fresh, Replenishing Daily Solution by Le Metier de Beaute, Hair primer by Living Proof, Narciso Rodriguez For Her Eau de Toilette Spray, OPI Liquid Sand Nail Lacquer in "Can't Let Go", and Vincent Longo Lipstain SPF15 Lipstick in Americana.




Okay. Can't really argue with the "luxury-sized" claim. I'm actually really surprised. Usually these sample boxes claim they are luxury size but you get a bunch of tiny 1-2 use packets. (What's up with that? How can I properly sample something like that? I need to use most things for about a week to see if I really like it.)  There is only the one packet of moisturizer. Most items actually hold enough product to properly sample it. And the lipstick and nail polish are regular sized products! Nice!

So Glossybox seems pretty awesome. I'm def going to check them out and hopefully I can budget in a subscription. I'm pleased. Thanks again, Sanya!

Have you ever subscribed to a monthly sample service? Which one? Are you happy with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment