Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Bout of Books 8.0 Progress Update

**This post will be updated daily throughout the read-a-thon. **

Monday
Number of pages read today: 42
Books: World War Z
Number of books completed: 0
Number of reviews completed: 0
Thoughts: Lot of distractions today. Finally able to read and World War Z was not what I expected. Not bad, but not a fan of the writing style. Just personal preference. Gave up after a while. 

Tuesday
Number of pages read today: 460
Books: Vampire Academy & Frostbite (Vampire Academy series #2)
Number of books completed: 2
Number of reviews completed: 0
Thoughts: I made up for Monday's reading fail by reading 2 books, one of which was not even on my list. Lol

Wednesday
Number of pages read today: 295 + 346
Books: Shadow Kiss & Blood Promise (Vampire Academy series 3 & 4)
Number of books completed: 2
Number of reviews completed: 0
Thoughts: My life This read-a-thon has been taken over by the Vampire Academy series. 

Thursday
Number of pages read today: 83 + 103
Books: Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy series 5) & Under the Dome
Number of books completed: 0
Number of reviews completed: 0
Thoughts: Realized I really needed to put down the Vampire Academy series if I wanted to reach my book goals. Review goal is still looking like a fail. Maybe tomorrow? 

Friday
Number of pages read today: 237 + 196 
Books: Spirit Bound & Under the Dome
Number of books completed: 0
Number of reviews completed: 0
Thoughts: This is my only problem with book series. I can't put them down until I have read them all! Even though I knew I had to walk away from the series to have any hope of completing my reading goals, I picked Spirit Bound back up today. Maybe the series will let me go as long as I don't pick up the next one and start it. Give me strength! Glad I quit watching Under the Dome tv series. The beginning felt a little frustrating and slow because I already knew what was happening. But it's so different! Loving it so far.

Saturday
Number of pages read today: 419
Books: Under the Dome
Number of books completed: 0
Number of reviews completed: 0
Thoughts: Not even going to attempt a review at this point. Just want to get the reading done. I might be able to finish Under the Dome, but I don't think I'll be able to read City of Bones at all. MUST. KEEP. READING.

Sunday
Number of pages read today: 123
Books: Under the Dome
Number of books completed: 0
Number of reviews completed: 0
Thoughts: This book is so long. Good but long. Probably should have started the read-a-thon with this one. 

Monday Wrap-up
Page total : 2304
Book total: 5
Review total: 0
Books read: Vampire Academy, Frostbite, Shadow Kiss, Blood Promise, Spirit Bound (Not finished: World War Z, Under the Dome)
Goals reached? Nope. lol
Thoughts: Everything would have gone according to plan if I hadn't been distracted by the Vampire Academy series. Lol. I didn't meet my goals, but I did read a lot. And that's the whole idea, right?

This was really fun. I'm glad I decided to join Bout of Books. Looking forward to the next one in January. I'll probably join other read-a-thons or book challenges in the future.

And I'll eventually finish these books and write reviews for them. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment